Yesterday I posted the finished products of my toiling. Sorry I didn’t take shots of the assembly process, but I did document the glazing process. It was new for me to use these sorts of glazes and mix them in a such a way, so I wrote everything down in case there were parts I wanted to replicate. I also started numbering my pieces with a stamp on the bottom using a cover coat rather than a glaze.
Whimsical Birdfeeder – 1
As you can see here, it is hard to tell what the the final glaze colors will look like when applied, which is why I took pictures of the jars and wrote down the names so I can compare when I am done.
The ladybugs got their red and black glaze on another day before they hit the kiln. Copper wire was used for the antennae and glued in.
Whimsical Birdhouse – 2
Here are the glazes I used for the feeder, pictured in order of the sections I applied them.
These 2 were not listed on the layout sheet: The green apple is insider the house and the teal blue is on the bottom. Neither of these are glazes, so they don’t melt & stick to the kiln when applied on the bottom and they are not slippery when the birdies sit on the edge of the house hole.